Hello all, I have bought a core battery and am interested in Reconditioning Myself. need help with The set-up 1.- Battery charger. 2.- How to ...
how to 12v battery restoration forrepair battery how
The next time that you check your oil while refuelling, take a peek at the battery terminals as well to see if they are tightened properly. A loose connection will cause all sorts of electrical hassles.
Stuck with a dead car battery? For older cars with a stick the 1 last update 2020/05/29 shift, it is possible to push start the car. A car with an automatic transmission should never be push started.Stuck with a dead car battery? For older cars with a stick shift, it is possible to push start the car. A car with an automatic transmission should never be push started.
In either case, it is safer and easier to jump start or fix the car battery by connecting the flat battery using jump leads to a working battery. Just follow our DIY car battery reconditioning advice below:
1. Consult your car manual first as some cars have special terminals that can be used to charge the car battery. If not, proceed to the next step.
2. Position the car with the good battery next to the car with battery problem.
3. Open the hood of both cars. Turn on anything the 1 last update 2020/05/29 that uses electricity in the car with the flat battery. This sounds counter productive but it prevents a power surge from damaging any sensitive electronics.
3. Open the hood of both cars. Turn on anything that uses electricity in the car with the flat battery. This sounds counter productive but it prevents a power surge from damaging any sensitive electronics.
4. Keep the car with the good battery running.
5. Using battery jumper cables, attach the red cable to the positive (+) of the good battery and then to the positive of the flat battery.
6. Attach the black cable to the negative (-) of the good battery.
7. Do not attach the other end to the flat battery. Instead, attach it to an unpainted surface such as a nut on the suspension mount.
8. Try to start the car with the flat battery. It may help to wait a minute or two and possibly step lightly on the gas of the working car. Make sure it is in park!
9. When the car starts, remove the leads in reverse order to which you attached them i.e. black on the flat car, black on the good car, red on the flat car and red on the good car.
10. Lastly, make sure you leave the car running for a while to allow the alternator to properly charge the flat battery.
Another way of car battery reconditioning is to use a plug in battery charger. There are different types of chargers, so follow the instructions for your model. When you''t Start